So Proud of My City!!!!
Detroit, Michigan (pow...you're dead)
I have many aliases, most will appear during the duration of this blog (about 2 weeks). I'm bad at telling people about myself, I kinda just like to be myself and let them form their own conclusion, so as far as you know, I'm just an average dude with a computer (aka a PEDO!). I LOVE cereal, all kinds, I'll probably post a lot of Cereal Reviews on here in an attempt to educate my fellow brothers and sisters about the aspect of my malnutritionification! (MESSAGE!). My album will be in stores soon (I'm black, so by default, i rap, don't judge me). I have an incredulous fetish for boobs, its almost scary, then again...who doesn't?, a lot of things irritate me, which is why I've decided to create this blog, please don't be offended, I am a very peaceful person, If you happen to read something you don't agree with, just let me know, I love talking things out (aka F*** YO OPINION SON!) lol j/k :)

6.25.2011

America...The Sensitive

Kinda high off of a short stack of silver dollar pancakes, so I'm gonna get right to it.

Stop being so sensitive.

Everyone: black, white, brown, gay, straight, backwards, forwards, red light, green light.  I believe this is one reason why we aren't growing in this country.  We get too caught up in people living their lives and saying how they feel.  Instead of listening, agreeing to disagree, and moving forward, we want to chastise, criticize and ask for apologize (I just wanted to rhyme, don't judge me)

To an extent, its safe to be that sensitive, you don't want someone representing your Cancer Survivors company, going on a radio show and saying something like: "those baldies, thats what I call em', the baldies" and he/she is out there shaking hands and kissing babies, but to make him/her apologize for it, and "clean" it up by doing some charity work makes it all ok?  You really think he/she aren't still calling cancer survivors "baldies" when there's no microphone in their face?

Back in the day, when someone said something about you, you'd say something about them back, so instead of gay people whining to David Stern (NBA Commissioner) when a player gets caught saying "faggot", how about just talking about that person, make fun of how he only averages 5 points a game, then again, why get upset about it at all? Do you believe he was actually thinking of you (or your "community") when he said it? An apology is not going to change how he feels or his slang terminology.  Were your feelings ever even really hurt or you just wanted to see that black man (yeah I took it there) receive a fine?

If you feel strongly about a certain issue, stand by it.  Maybe what you said was just a joke and was meant to be taken lightly, stand by it.  Instead of giving in and apologizing to all these "communities", talk to them.  Obviously my gripe is with the media and celebrities, but it goes a bit beyond that.  I think when we reach that point of standing by what we say, regardless of what it is, we'll begin to laugh with each other, more and discover common ground.  I know that sounds crazy, people laughing at themselves and one another and finding common ground on real issues.

Peace and mo Old Navy Fleece

P.S.--I'm very sensitive, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment